HAHA nords more like NERDS [high fives Thalmor and skateboards away]
Having been frustrated far too many times with people’s misconceptions about MBTI (Myerrs-Briggs Type Indicator), I’ve decided to make a blog on it and hopefully it’ll prove to be informative.
The most common mistake people make about MBTI is that they only look at the four letters when in fact there is much more to it. There is normally a huge difference between the types, regardless if one letter has changed.
The functions are the most important part. Functions determine not only the strength of the ability, but also how it is processed, whether Introverted or Extroverted.
For example, comparing an INTJ to an INTP:
Despite the minimal change between the J and P, INTJ and INTPs are hugely different.
Starting from top to down, the functions gradually weaken.
For example, the INTJ’s functions are:
Dominant: Introverted iNtuition
Auxiliary: Extroverted Thinking
Tertiary: Introverted Feeling
Inferior: Extroverted Sensing
The dominant function is the strongest, the one that we rely on most to drive us forward. The auxiliary supports the dominant function, being the second strongest. The tertiary is third, weaker than the top two, but still supports them. The inferior is the least developed, and will be the opposite of the dominant or auxiliary function.
What The Functions Mean
Introverted - Emotions are rarely/not easily shown to others, they are mostly kept inside. This applies to physical appearances too as people express themselves with how they dress. Introverted Feelers tend to dress a lot plainer than their counterparts.
Extroverted - Feelings are outwardly/more easily expressed. This can affect your expressions, with largely animated faces and may get louder when driven by emotions.
Introverted - Detail orientated. Relates the information taken in from the world around them to previously known information and facts. People tend to store detail for later use.
Extroverted - Physical experience orientated. Takes in details of the immediate world around them. This includes the give senses; touch, smell, taste, sound and sight.
Introverted - Makes decisions mostly in the head and focuses on accuracy. They look into inconsistency and great problem solvers. Careful with words, these people may tend to pause in between their lines when speaking as they delve into their minds to think.
Extroverted - Logical and sequential. These people focuses on organising and categorising things. They speak out their thoughts, actively gaining ideas as they speak.
Introverted - Long term planners and visions future outcomes. The ability to connect patterns and concepts to formulate them into plans. These people are normally patient and goal orientated.
Extroverted - Creative, gaining ideas and concepts from here-and-now. Likely to be good improvisation artists who uses immediate interactions with their subconscious.
Found a rather interesting thing, I’ll post it here.
- ADVISOR - each has an area of insight that the other lacks.ENTJ ⇄ ENFP. INFP ⇄ INTJ. ENFJ ⇄ ENTP. INTP ⇄ INFJ. ISFP ⇄ ISTJ. ESFP ⇄ ESTJ. ISTP ⇄ ISFJ. ESTP ⇄ ESFJ.
- COHORT - mutually drawn into experiential escapades.
ENFJ ⇄ ISFP. ENFP ⇄ ISFJ. ENTP ⇄ ISTJ. ESFP ⇄ INFJ. INFP ⇄ ESFJ. INTP ⇄ ESTJ. ISTP ⇄ ENTJ. ESTP ⇄ INTJ.
- COMPANION - similar modes of expression: bear each other’s company well.INFP ⇄ INTP. ENFP ⇄ ENTP. ENTJ ⇄ ENFJ. INFJ ⇄ INTJ. ISTP ⇄ ISFP. ESFP ⇄ ESTP. ESFJ ⇄ ESTJ. ISTJ ⇄ ISFJ.
- COMPLEMENT - compatible strengths with opposite emphases.INFJ ⇄ INFP. INTJ ⇄ INTP. ENTJ ⇄ ENTP. ENFJ ⇄ ENFP. ISFP ⇄ ISFJ. ISTP ⇄ ISTJ. ESFP ⇄ ESFJ. ESTP ⇄ ESTJ.
- SUPPLEMENT - like PAL, but functions are farther removed: each can add to the other’s strengths.INFP ⇄ ISTJ. ENFP ⇄ ESTJ. ENTP ⇄ ESFJ. ENTJ ⇄ ESFP. INTJ ⇄ ISFP. INFJ ⇄ ISTP. ISFJ ⇄ INTP. ESTP ⇄ ENFJ.
- TRIBESMAN - share a sense of culture, but with different interests and abilities.ENTP ⇄ INFP. INTJ ⇄ ENFJ. INTP ⇄ ENFP. ENTJ ⇄ INFJ. ESTP ⇄ ISFP. ESFJ ⇄ ISTJ. ESTJ ⇄ ISFJ. ISTP ⇄ ESFP.
- ANIMA - fits Dr. Beebe’s description of the anima/anumus: each is the other’s inferior (4th) function.ENTP ⇄ ISFJ. INTJ ⇄ ESFP. ENTJ ⇄ ISFP. ENFP ⇄ ISTJ. INFP ⇄ ESTJ. ESFJ ⇄ INTP. ISTP ⇄ ENFJ. ESTP ⇄ INFJ.
- CONTRAST - point and counterpoint on each function.INFP ⇄ ENFJ. ENTP ⇄ INTJ. ENTJ ⇄ INTP. ENFP ⇄ INFJ. ISFJ ⇄ ESFP. ISFP ⇄ ESFJ. ISTP ⇄ ESTJ. ESTP ⇄ ISTJ.
- COUNTERPART - perform similar functions in totally different realms.ESFP ⇄ INFP. INTJ ⇄ ESTJ. ISTP ⇄ ENTP. ENTJ ⇄ ISTJ. ENFP ⇄ ISFP. ESTP ⇄ INTP. ISFJ ⇄ ENFJ. INFJ ⇄ ESFJ.
- ENIGMA - a puzzle: totally foreign in nearly every facet.INTJ ⇄ ISFJ. ENTJ ⇄ ESFJ. INTP ⇄ ESFP. ENTP ⇄ ISFP. ISTP ⇄ ENFP. ESTP ⇄ INFP. ESTJ ⇄ INFJ. ISTJ ⇄ ENFJ.
- IDENTITY - same types: a typological mirror-image.Same type. You know.
- NEIGHBOUR - arrive at the same place by variant processes.INTJ ⇄ ISTJ. ENTJ ⇄ ESTJ. ISFP ⇄ INFP. ESFP ⇄ ENFP. ENFJ ⇄ ESFJ. ISTP ⇄ INTP. ENTP ⇄ ESTP. INFJ ⇄ ISFJ.
- NOVELTY - intriguingly different: interestingly so.
ENTJ ⇄ ISFJ. INTJ ⇄ ESFJ. ISTP ⇄ ENFP. ESTP ⇄ INFP. ESFP ⇄ INTP. ISFP ⇄ ENTP. ESTJ ⇄ INFJ. ISTJ ⇄ ENFJ.
- PAL - work and play well together: minimal natural type conflict.ISTP ⇄ ESTP. INTP ⇄ ENTP. ENTJ ⇄ INTJ. INFJ ⇄ ENFJ. ISFJ ⇄ ESFJ. ISFP ⇄ ESFP. ESTJ ⇄ ISTJ. ENFP ⇄ INFP.
- PEDAGOGUE - each is both the other’s mentor and student: has a “parent to child” feel.ENTJ ⇄ INFP. INTJ ⇄ ENFP. INTP ⇄ ENFJ. ENTP ⇄ INFJ. ISFJ ⇄ ESTP. ESFJ ⇄ ISTP. ESFP ⇄ ISTJ. ESTJ ⇄ ISFP.
- SUITEMATE - a person one might be comfortable sharing an office. prefer similar climates, but don’t necessarily have much in common as far as goals or world view.
ESTP ⇄ ENTJ. INTP ⇄ ISTJ. INTJ ⇄ ISTP. ESFP ⇄ ENFJ. ISFP ⇄ INFJ. INFP ⇄ ISFJ. ENTP ⇄ ESTJ. ESFJ ⇄ ENFP.
YES YES YES
I YELLED SUPER LOUD GAH I LOVE YOU
Look at the notes! Clone club is growing!
GUYS NOW’S YOUR CHANCE SEASON 2 IS THIS SATURDAY BINGE WATCH NOW